Monday, June 7, 2010

France and Chalkboard Making







Finally, here's some pictures of the boys. I have been so busy lately, it's hard to remember to grab the camera. But these early childhood days go so fast, I love looking back at old pictures. I can't figure out how to center the pictures...they have reset themselves to be like this. My computer time these days is very short.

We're enjoying this summer break from academics. The weather is so hot, it's nice to go to the beaches, rivers, and tidepools as much as possible. Govinda picked up some Busy Town books to read on his own with a little help here and there with big words he hasn't learned yet.

The one thing I really wanted for my birthday was a chalkboard. When I looked into it, I could get 3 or 4 chalkboards for the price of one if we made it ourselves with chalkboard paint. So, it is a fun project for the whole family. The paint can turn any surface into a chalkboard. First, we cut the corners and sanded all the edges, then painted it. We have 2 more big ones and 3 small ones left to do as we have time.

Geography: We read a lot of stories about France. Dodsworth In Paris was great because it's a funny story, but also teaches a lot about France. Next week, we'll color the map and flag...I'm waiting for our new beeswax crayons that I got for my birthday to arrive.

I'm also waiting to get Alphabet Island to try out. It's a story based phonics program that personifies each letter with characteristics that help remember phonics and spelling rules. Clever C is afraid of falling off the edge of the words, so he brings his pet Kangaroo K. It's also got a lot of songs, and I hope they help my very auditory learner.

Thank you, everyone, for caring for us and being patient when I'm a lazy blogger. Take care and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment