Friday, September 25, 2009

Looking Ahead

I'm excited that I just ordered Galloping The Globe, a passport with country and state stickers, and a picture atlas. I plan to use these along with Five In A Row, so we will be rowing around the world and galloping the globe. I plan on doing 1-2 years for K and 1st to cover world and US geography before beginning history.

Grampa is visiting from Maine next week and is bringing some Macintosh apples. So, I plan on starting this October with How To Make An Apple Pie And See The World, which is a FIAR and GTG book for an introduction to geography and apples science for an autumn theme. We may make Haridas's birthday cake an apple pie! I'm excited!

I'm thinking about going into pumpkins after apples, then focusing on Thanksgiving for November and Christmas around the world for December, and then continue our trip around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment