Monday, August 30, 2010

King Equals



We're starting our math block introducing the four math processes with the math gnomes from Numeria Island (across the sea from Alphabet Island). I made up a story about some Alphabet Island characters making a voyage to Numeria to get some jewels to help someone heal. I'll write it out if I have time. King Equals is the king there, and I made up his queen to be Queen Balance. We got to know them and found that they are great devotees of the Lord, and see everyone equally. I made up this verse:

King Equals is always fair. He sees the same everywhere!"

This tied in with the Bhagavad Gita quote:

"The humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana (priest), a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater."

2 comments:

  1. I would love to read the story of the journey ti the Island of Numeria, if you ever found time to write it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was looking for a poem on King Equals and this fits perfect. I love how you have worked with Waldorf and Christ together for focus. I have gone back and forth with Waldorf for it's philosophies about religion but I do try to intigrate the two whenever I can. We are a nature focused, Christ following family and it's nice to see that Waldorf fits with others that have similar values.

    Blessings,

    Val

    ReplyDelete